Our extensive experience in flood restoration allows us to take on jobs from the leak in your basement to drying large rooms and houses.
Steps in the process are as follows:
1. We determine what type of flood you have. A basement with 6 feet of water, sewage that needs to be pumped, carpet that is damp or your entire structure is affected from condensation.
2. We then immediately determine the source and stop the problem from growing whether it's shutting off a valve or shutting down the entire water supply.
3. Then we start the remediation process that will get your room back to normal conditions in the shortest time possible. This may include removing carpet, removing drywall, and setting Extra Large Dehumidifiers
4. We have all the equipment necessary, small and large pumps to emergency heat and large generators available to you 24 hours a day.
5. We utilize a state-of-the-art moisture meter that bounces sound waves into wall cavities to determine if moisture is present. We then determine if the drywall needs to be removed or if drilling a small hole and 'injection drying" is possible. This keeps us from having to open up walls unnecessarily and keeps us on track as to where the problem lies.
6. With our moisture meter, we record all levels of moisture such as dew point, relative humidity and readings at various points to determine if the selected drying process is working, and keep in mind that we will physically show you what we are seeing so there are no surprises during the entire process.
7. While the work is proceeding, we will immediately contact your insurance company and encourage them to send an adjuster out. We provide the adjuster with a complete set of digital photographs, a computer generated estimate and detailed findings specific to your flood.
8. Around the 2nd to 3rd day we will apply an Anti-Microbial Disinfectant to the affected area that kills mold on contact. We will continue to do so for 30 days. This also will get rid of any lingering mildew odor that may have accumulated and in some instances we will use an enzyme deodorant, or if the structure can be sealed up we will utilize an Ozone generator to completely kill all the odors.
9. The next step after drying the structure out is to have sub-contractors lined up to restore your home or business back to 100% with quality and time being of the essence. If you have your own contractor we can leave it in their hands or we can provide a list of contractors that have done exceptional work for us. If the latter, we be there to see it through to the end. It's your call.
10. Our goal is to make your problem into our problem and resolve it as fast as possible with the highest quality of service. When we finish, we will show you all the moisture readings so you can have peace of mind that the mold and mildew are completely absent. We will also provide a CD with all the pictures, moisture readings, construction estimates and all correspondences relating to your flood.
© Housekeepers, Inc. All Rights Reserved.